October 11, 2011
Barrington Township: Barrington Township resident David McSweeney is officially announcing his candidacy for State Representative in the 52nd District. McSweeney is a longtime resident of the area and the 52nd District. He is a 1983 graduate of Barrington High School and earned an undergraduate degree at Duke University and an M.B.A. at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.
“After careful consideration, I have decided to run for Representative in the 52nd District. Unless tough choices are made, Illinois will soon face a serious financial crisis. The future of our state depends on citizen legislators who are committed to the hard decisions that bureaucrats and politicians have failed to make. With my business background and experience, I am ready to fight for fiscal responsibility and economic empowerment to get Illinois back on track,” said McSweeney.
“I grew up in this great State and chose to raise my own family here in America’s heartland. Illinois will have a promising future if we have the courage to do what needs to be done. I will work hard for the people of the newly configured 52nd District and plan to be an independent conservative voice in Springfield. Illinois is at a crossroads, and I am prepared to meet the challenge with a specific plan to address the difficult fiscal and economic issues that we face,” said McSweeney.
“I do not take this decision lightly. It will be a sacrifice for me and for my family, but with their full support along with the encouragement of many people in this district, I have decided to run for this seat. I look forward to meeting and communicating with the voters of the 52nd District throughout this campaign, and I will personally ask them for their vote. After all, the voters in the 52nd District are the ultimate decision makers in choosing the person they want to represent them in Springfield,” said McSweeney.
The following is an initial listing of elected officials and leaders who are supporting the candidacy of David McSweeney:
- Bill McLeod, Mayor of Hoffman Estates
- Bill LeFew, McHenry County Treasurer and former McHenry County Republican Chairman
- Glenn Swanson, Wauconda Township Supervisor
- Irene Napier, The Founder of Right to Life of McHenry County
- Bob Hanaford, Former Fox River Grove Village Trustee and Cuba Township Republican Precinct Committeeman
- Chuck Lutzow, Former Algonquin Township Trustee
- Bonnie Quirke, President of Lake County Right to Life
- Allen Skillicorn, East Dundee Trustee
- Colleen Kipferl, Former Lake Barrington Trustee
- Reverend Bob Vanden Bosch, Director of Concerned Christian Americans (for identification purposes only)
- Dirk Beveridge, Former Candidate for Congress (8th District)
- Rich and Monica Young, Community Leaders
- Linda Post, Barrington Township Collector
- Brian Kelly, Community Leader
- Raymond True, Chairman of the Republican Assembly of Lake County
- John Dawson, Former Candidate for Congress (8th District)
As of October 11, 2011 David McSweeney has raised or secured commitments totaling over $250,000. “My first introductory mailing will arrive this week, and I will continue to communicate my views with the people of the 52nd District. By the March 20, 2012 Republican Primary election voters will know who I am, where I stand and what I plan. I trust the voters to decide who will best represent them in Springfield,” said McSweeney.
David McSweeney resides in Barrington Township with his wife of 20
years, Margaret, and their daughter Katie. Their daughter Melissa